Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Dirty water Experiment.

                                        Dirty Water Experiment.
Aim: To make a filtration plant using household materials.

            

What is filtration?


Filtration is separating solids from liquids by adding a medium through which only the liquid can pass.

Examples are:

  1. It brewing coffee involves passing hot water through the ground of coffee and a filter.
  2. Also the kidney are an example of a biological filter.
  3. Air conditioner and a vacuum can also be a filter dust.
  4. It is also a liquid filter.

Materials

  1. One bottle to use with
  2. Paper filter.
  3. Sand.
  4. Cups
  5. Pebbles
  6. Dirty water.
  7. Scissors.
  8. Some useful container to put the sand and the dirty water.

Process - ( use verbs or doing words in each step )


Step 1

Cut the bottle with scissors and cut them into 2 halves.
Step 2
Put the funnel half upside down and place the container to put the other half, when they are joined together put a little pieces of filter paper inside so you can put the things that you need to put in the funnel.

STEP 3

Add layers of  the filter paper ( if you want your experiment to work fold the filter paper correctly into quarter), and put some sand,pebbles or rocks.

STEP 4

Get 1 cup of dirty water and place it carefully at the top of the pebbles
STEP 5
Pour dirty water into the bottle( but the water drops should be dripping slowly, but when the water is dripping so fast the experiment is kind of not correct).
STEP 6
After all of the ingredients is inside of the  funnel wait and see the reaction of the experiment. It has to be dripping slow.


Measurements

Our experiment was working really well but we kinda a bit mess up about the steps because the water is dripping a bit fast and it has to be dripping slow, luckily we were not the only ones who had the ending product. The experiment about the dirty water was really fun and I  made it with my group in my group was Shiela, Skyler, Rieya and myself. My prediction was that the water would be clear and clean but my prediction was wrong but it wasn't a failure since that was actually supposed to happen.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lhysette
    I really like your blog and how you presented it great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rieya,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog post I really appreciate it. Have a nice day bye.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lysette,

    Well done with the blog. You have written a clear explanation, taken some good photos and written some good comments at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Palmer,

      Thank you for commenting on my blog I really appreciate it and also thank you for your positive and helpful feedback.Thank you again Mr Palmer and have great day.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.