Pages

Sunday 17 February 2019

Waitangi day!!

 Kumusta everyone, and welcome back to my another blog post and today I'm going to blog about Waitangi Day and I know that the Wiatangi day is important because Waitangi day is a treaty of Waiatngi.

   In our class we have been doing Waitangi lesson in our reading we've been looking for some Waitangi facts and read more about it. We also read some article that show what was Waitangi day is and some detail how the Waitangi happend a year ago. When we read those thing we have to work on some question and some task that is all about what we read on the articles. It was so interesting to find some cool stuff about Waitangi day.


   Why does the Wiatangi day celebrate?: Because it was for the significant and reflect the day in New Zealand history, Waitangi day celebrate because to have include protest and conflict. 


When does the Waitangi day happen?: Waitangi day happen on 6th of February.

How?: Well it happened when it was sighed on February 6th 1840 and it was signed by many 500 Maoris Chiefs and the British leaders representing the British Crown.

Where?: Well when the treaty of Waitangi is founding document in New Zealand. It was name from the place in the Bay of Islands where the treaty first signed, on 6th February 1840. 

But I'm a bit curious and I want to know why does it called Waitangi day, is there any reason behind it why does it called Waitang day?.

 What I learn?:
I learnt a lot of new things about Waitangi day and I learn that the Waitangi day is Celebrate on 6th of February and the Waitangi day become a nationwide public holiday in 1974. Waitangi day is the anniversary of the signing of the treaty of Waitangi which occured in 1840. But you know that in 1947 where the Waitangi day become nationwide public Holiday but on that date the Waitangi name have change to " New Zealand Day". But However in 1976 the new priminister Robert Mudoon changed the name back to Waitangi day.
   I learn how the Waitangi happened, when it happened, how it happened, why it happened and what happened.

   How I felt?: I felt so happy and proud to myself because now I know some other things about New Zealand and what is the meaning of them. I'm really so happy because I got to learn some of New Zealand history that I haven't know.

Thank you guys. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.