Pages

Thursday 4 July 2019

Charlesworth Reserve!

 Kia Ora everyone, yesterday was July 3 and that day was very fun and excitement because we went to Charles worth Reserve where we plant some little trees  in the mud, well let me tell you a little facts about Charles worth Reserve. Charles worth Reserve is a wetland edge walk it was named after Captain William Charlesworth. He died due to an accident when he helped someone to cut a big tree and accidentally his foot was wounded by an axe.When you go to the Charlesworth reserve you can see a lot of different native tree because I heard that they we're featuring planting because they want he native birds to be there and exploring place.

  We go there because it was also part of our Community Impact Project and also other classes, when we got there the teacher introduce to us the instructor his name was Andrew he explain everything we need to do and some history about the Chalresworth Reserve and why they want to native in the place, after we have done some discussion we walk to the place where we have to plant the trees and then we start planting the native trees and I forget the name but I heard that it was called rush tree it was very little and cute, it was so much fun planting tree with Rieya we help each other planting this trees and I think all of us plant 100 trees in that place, and after we have finish the first part we have some little rest and then we go back and Andrew added 70 plants and when we added them we all plant 170 trees in that area, it felt good that help the other to plant it was very fun and I learn a lot of new things. After we have done the planting we all went to another venue but it was also parts of the Charlesworth Reserve and we pick some rubbish all around the place it was very pretty and huge and you can see a lot of native trees around you it was fun cleaning the place.

The classes that came was Whaea Jo's class, Mr Tisch's class and Al's. I was very thankful to Mrs Allan, Rachel, Mr Tisch, Whaea Jo and then the Kiwi can staff I was thankful that they came with us and support us and also help us at everything. I think I will never forget that memories because it was fun and very exciting.

 Here is the picture of all of us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.