Pages

Thursday 15 October 2020

Gold Rush

 Kia ora everyone, today in our Social studies and reading we have to make a blog post about what we know in Gold mining. We also have to tell what discrimination mean. 

All I about gold mining/gold rush, is that miners dig underground and find some real gold. I heard that this gold are mostly found only in a certain areas, and this work can be tough to every miners because sometimes you have to dig with your own hand. This happened a long time ago and now I feel like there's some different methods of how to dig and find this rare looking golds.

First method is mostly about people using shovel, their hands, pans and even cradle. Mostly people used pans for drilling, then they used the cradles to rocked back and forth. Using those thing make their life easier. Sometimes they used machine, because these gold are mostly found in rocks, have been worn down the sands, underground caves. 

Second method is using the common sluice boxes, these thing are made out of wooden terrace boxes and they are long. Miners use it to go underground, so when they lift it up some gold will be trapped in the box and will also allow the light materials when they shake the sluice box gently in the water. 

Third method is that you have to find a gold mine cave, and mine it yourself. If you find it difficult to do which most people feel, go find a partner and help each other find the rare gold you've been wanting. I think not a lot of people do that, because they all have their own way of doing it. 

Now I will be telling you guys the meaning of " Discrimination" well for me it's about racism. Like your appearance, your culture, how you speak other uncommon language, race, gender. It's about two people being different and one person said something harmful. That's what discrimination to me. 

Next week I will be telling you guys more facts about gold rush, and 4 facts of how did the Chinese people change the Maori people life. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.