Pages

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Education Outside The Classroom

Hello guys. Welcome to my blog post. Today I am going to tell you what we did last week in the EOTC Week ( Education Outside The Classroom). Well the year 5/year 6's get to do lots of things like clip and climb, ice skating, Mega air, Jelly park, surfing and fish and chips for lunch and sailing.

First we went by the bus to Clip and Climb. Do you know that this was my first time? I was so nervous but I tried not to be scared and we had an instructor who was so kind. I tried my best to do it. I went up walls 7 times at clip and climb. I was not scared and I was happy to do it.

Second was Ice skating. When I went in to ice skating it was so cold and our teacher gave the class a ticket, and we had some lunch because I was so hungry. Suddenly we got some ice skates and I was so so scared to go on the ice because I didn't know how to skate. To practise first,I held on to the rail and moved slowly around the edge. Later I  could skate without holding the rail because I tried to be brave no matter if I fell on the ice.

Third we do surfing in Sumner. There was a lot of big waves and our instructor was giving a sign called the Shaka sign to use when we were surfing. Our instructor give us a weatsuit and my group went surfing before we went body boarding. I tried my best and used my energy to do it. I was so happy. I thought the body boarding was best because it was easier than surfing. Our class ate fish and chips for lunch. 

The forth thing we did is Mega Air and Jelly park. It was the trekkers big day out and the group 1 went first to Mega air. We walked to Mega air and I was very happy to jump on the trampolines. The second thing was Jelly park. We went on the bus and I sat by my friends. I was happy because we played some games like running in the pool, racing in the pool . That was my happy thing with my friends.

The last thing that we did was sailing. Do you know that is my first first time sailing? I cried because I was scared and I was so nervous but I tried to be a brave girl because my friends cheered for me so I tried the sailing and I tried it  2 times.  No matter for me if I sink in the boat because I have had the best life!!

SO guys thank you for reading my blog post and don't forget my feedback. BYE HAVE A GREAT DAY.       

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lhysette,

    I am Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team 2018. I will be blogging with you this summer! I hope you are having a wonderful time with your friends and your family!

    I really enjoyed reading your recount on EOTC week and I wished that I was there as well because I also love all the activities that you did during that week. I have never sailed and I really want to try! Also, I am definitely getting some fish and chips for lunch! It's amazing how we can share our learning and fun ideas together through blogging online. I really want to read more of your blog and comment on them.

    I would love to blog more with you! To help you get started with blogging this summer, I have included the link to our Summer Learning Journey activities list.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities

    Let's go on the Summer Learning Journey together!

    All the best,

    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.