Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Home Chemistry.

AIM: DESIGN AN EXPERIMENT THAT TESTS THE AMOUNT OF SALT THAT MUST BE IN WATER BEFORE IT WILL NOT FREEZE WHEN LEFT OVERNIGHT IN THE FREEZER.

Task 1.    

  1. What do we need to find out?
How much amount of salt that must be in the water.
  1. How will we find it out?
  I want to know how long it will take to freeze.
  1. How will we record what we find?
Video it to see how it work or blog it.
  1. What equipment do we need for the experiment?
Salt, water, freezable glass
  1. How long will it take?
Leave it until overnight.

Task 2:

Step 1: Get a two glass to put the ingredients.
Step 2: Get a salt and a water in a separate glass.
Step 3: Put water in the two glass.
Step 4: Put salt in one glass and put more salt in the other glass
Step 5: Mix the salt in the water and put it the freezer overnight.
Step 6: Take the glasses out of the freezer then compare the two glasses to see which one froze.

The Process:
Task 3:Draw on a piece of A4 paper the 6 steps that you will use to test the amount of salt in water before freezing. When we are making drawings in science  it needs to be labelled clearly, kept tidy and named. Once you have completed the drawing it must be photographed and uploaded to your blog.

In your drawing you will use:
1. Beaker
2. Water.
3.Measuring spoon/cups
4.Salt.

My drawing and my answer:
                      


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.