Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Kowhaiwhai

Hello everyone, for today's blog is about Hurumanu 4 which is Art and Poetry. So today I will share what we did every period of this Hurumanu. The first thing we did is we look as some words and also some design. The words that we look at is Aroha(LOVE), Whakapono(FAITH AND TRUST),Tumanaako(HOPE). I feel like a lot of people know the meaning of "Aroha" and etc.

What is Kowhaiwhai?
I hear that kowhaiwhai is a beautiful patterns that appears as painted scroll design, it was also a abstract and curvilinear in form. But they said at first it was a patterns that can be viewed as a means of decoration only but if you look closer it was examination that reveals sophisticated mathematical precision. It also involve symmetry,rotation,reflection and translation.

After looking at some things we have to make our own one, and I pick the word "Whakapono" I just pick that because I need to trust myself more and have some faith. If we are done making our own design we can colour it but were only allowed to use three colours such as Red, Black and White.

So here is my Kowhaiwhai that I make:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lhysette, when I was reading your blog post i saw that when you said "so here is my kowhaiwhai that I make" i think you were meaning to put made so that it actually makes sense. There were also other sentences that didn't make sense. What I really liked about this blog was your photo and your pattern. The patteren and colours go really well together which I love about it.

    What two words would you do if u could of picked two to do?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.