Pages

Thursday 2 July 2020

New Zealand Disaster

Hi guys, today I will be sharing you guys what I have done for our Social Study Hurumanu. Well we have to research some disaster that happened in the past, then write some information about it. The topics can be about a famous singer, or some interesting that happened here in New Zealand and also we can search about New Zealand disaster. We need to pick at least 3 to 4 topics and read some article, then write it on our own words. If we want to be in a small group then we should put a lot of information, and quality work. But I prefer to do it alone because it will be more easier, and it was a good way for me to be a independent learner.

The topics that I have choose are about the disaster that happened on 1995, 1947, 1648, 1896, 1886. The first thing I have searched was about " Cave Creek ", it was about a group of student who died when they are having a tour. Then I searched about Ballantynes' Fire that happened on 1947, this was about an area that blown out because of something.Third thing I've searched was about Abel Tasman, it was all about the things about him like when he was the one who discovered the NZ etc. And Brunner Mine disaster in 1896, this was interesting because almost half of the workers died when this accident happened. I've also searched about Mt Tarawera like when this thing erupted, and how many people died.

The last thing was different because I've a about a famous singer who lived here in New Zealand, she was known as Lorde. Her first song was Royals, and she live in Takapuna with her family.

I enjoyed doing this because there's a lot of thing that I've learned and know. So here is the slide that I made:
 
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.