Pages

Friday 25 September 2020

Daylight Saving NZ

 Hello readers, today in our HR ( Home Room ) our teacher want us to search about Daylight Saving in NZ. She want us to search some facts about it, and then we have to answer all of them. We did this for fun, and I was happy because I get to learn more about it. The whole class have to share this to our blog and do the researching individually. 

When does Daylight Saving happen each year in New Zealand?

This happened last Sunday of 27 September, this start each year at 2 am on the last Sunday in September, and ends at 3 am on the first Sunday of 4 April 2021. During this time New Zealand daylight time which is 1 hour ahead of New Zealand real time.

What year did it start in NZ?

In the history of New Zealand, Daylight Saving started in 1927, but the original date was March 31, 1918 on different country. This daylight saving happened in summer time, and it was extended to cover the whole year.

Why was Daylight Saving started?

History of DST in New Zealand started in 20 years earlier, but however in 1909 Thomas Sidey proposed to move the clock 1 hour forward here in our country in the summer period. It was because they want to allow extra hour for daylight in every evenings also for the farmers to have more time working at night.That will saved their power. We all have to thank New Zealand scientist George Vernon Hudson and British builder William Willett.

In my opinion I would love to continue this Daylight Saving in New Zealand, because after hearing that this will help the farmer and will save more of our power. Now I will agree to it,but daylight hasn't always been such a happy time because sometimes it confused me when I look a the time when I'm used to the real time. At the same time I love daylight time because I get to have a peaceful night. I agree for this for the parents and farmers.

Do all the states in Australia have Daylight Saving? Who does and who doesn’t?

In AustraliaDaylight saving is observed in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and Norfolk Island. The one who doesn't have this were the country of Queensland, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, Christmas Island or the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.

Write 3 tips to help others adjust to Daylight Saving

1. Just stick to your real schedules, and be consistent with eating, social, bed, and exercise.

2. Avoid coffee and alcohol, and remember to not take a long naps.

3. Maybe start preparing a few days early. So my tip is to start going to bed 15 to 30 minutes earlier than your usual bedtime because your body need some extra time to make up for last hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.