Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Social media and body image

Hi everyone, today I will be sharing you guys some facts about social media in our Hurumanu 6 which is health and maths. So me and the rest of the class have a discussion of what is the impact of social media to you, actually there are lot of things happening in world and that is scamming people. Like making them believe so they can buy the object and earn a lot of money, but that is bad because your making people look dumb and make them feel stupid that they believe you.

So I learned that social can be used in a positive way or negative way, like social media give you some update of what is happening around you but in other way people are giving some hates and bad words to other people. We also learn that most of the mannequins are an unrealistic body shape and size, and those mannequins will make buy those clothes so you'll look perfect like them. Let me tell you we are all in different like the shapes, personality and looks. Then we talk about " What is the impact of messages and image on social media" like they make you feel insecure because they have perfect skin even though it was just edit. They do that because they want to become popular and famous, get a lot of likes but why can't they just be normal and natural, etc.

Social media people doesn't need to do that because they are already perfect of who they are, they don't need to edit their whole body to be slim and fit. They can just be their self instead of making people feel bad about their self.

 I was happy and had fun doing this because I can relate, like when I was scrolling on my social media account I saw those people who have perfect skin and body. Sometimes I feel jealous because I want to be like them but hearing Miss Bremner words make me feel better and confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.