Pages

Monday 22 June 2020

Term 1 Year 8 Goal Setting

Hi everyone, I'm here to share to you what we have been doing for almost two weeks and that was our goal setting to show to our parent only when it's teachers and parent meeting. Our goal setting means what we need to work on and or what our aiming/achieve this year.

So I'm going to tell you what are some of my goals and also some other things. 


Greatest achievement from last year?

My greatest achievement from last year is when I received at least one award at the end of term. And also when my badminton team won the first place.

Academic Goals

Short term (this term):

  • Is to try my best every period and always not giving up at every challenge I’m in, and also try new things .
  • Also to complete the task to my personal best, or finish them on time.Also I think to work on my grammar when I’m writing a story or a sentence.

Long Term (whole year):

For my whole year I want to achieve a lot of things like my maths skills or my reading skills.
Also to take responsibility for my own actions.

Non-academic goal (can be out of school):

Is to improve my badminton skills it’s just because I want to be professional at it.

Now I'm going to share to you some of my goals and what are my strength.

My Strength:

My first strength is that I act responsibly even when no one is watching, I pick this one because when I'm doing my work and our teacher is doing something or sometimes helping someone I still focus on my work so that I finish them on time.

Second strength is I use the internet and devices in a safe way, I just pick this one because I'm not a type of person who use devices a lot so I just pick this one because I don't do some weir or appropriate stuff when I'm using my devices.

Third strength is I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time, I also pick this one because I'm also not a type of person who is naughty and watch some stuff at You tube even though they have to do work. I don't do does thing because I want to finish my task on time and at the right place.

Fourth strength is I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning, I choose this one because when our teacher ask us to bring something I always remember them so that I can bring it and I don't have to worry. I am always organised when it comes to my learning because it's just really easy to do it you just need to be a responsible person.

And my last strength I listen to understand people's ideas and opinions, I am a type of person who listen to people ideas and opinions because I want to show respect to them and I always do that when we're in a group and doing some challenge of course we have to share ideas to each other so we have to listen to everyone opinions and just giving them a feedback, and that will make happy that their ideas is awesome.How about you? How will you feel when no one is listening to you?

What I need to work on?

For my first my goal to work is to complete my work in the time I'm given, I think I really need to work on that one because sometimes I always talk to my friends or sometimes I am really having difficult time to finish it maybe because the work that I'm given is quite hard.But if I put my best effort on it I will finish it on time.

My second goal that I need to work on my emotion when I am frustrated or challenged. I pick this one because I feel like I really need to work on this one because when there's a lot of work to do or when I don't have time to finish it, I get frustrated really quick and I can't control it and don't have any idea how to calm dawn but thanks to my friends because they make me happy and that emotion will fade away. Also about the challenged and yes I have faced a lot of challenges and that makes me more frustrated and also make me nervous, I just hate that feeling because it make me think that I'm a weak person or something.But now I will try not to get nervous and faced those challenges without fear and being frustrated.

For my third one that I need to work is to share my ideas and point of view with different people. I pick this in our graduate profile because I always share my ideas to my friends it's just because I'm shy when I'm around other people that's why I'm always sharing my point of view to them(only). I just like this one because I think it will really help me to make new friends and also try some new things like experience being with other people. Try to not get nervous and get used to it.

Fourth goal that I need to work is to think creatively and critically when I'm using my chrome book or doing my own work. I also pick this one because when I'm doing my work I always don't put much effort to make it more detailed and more understandable, I just need to think creatively and critically when I'm using my chrome book. Those are the only thing that will make me achieve this goal.

For my last goal is to work on what my next step are, I pick this one because I have been working on this one for almost a month now because I just don't trust myself that much that's why I'm having a difficult time to know what are all my next step. Also for this one I need to believe to myself more, and that will make it more easier to achieve my last goal.

How will I achieve this?
Is to work harder just to achieve the things that I need to work on.Also to listen to other people's
ideas and also to all my hurumanu teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.