Pages

Monday 24 May 2021

Crepes

 Home Economics, our second session of cooking different things. Last week we made crepes, it's like a pancake but it's not. They are thin, unlike pancake or pikelets they both have the same height but not the sizes because one is small, then the other other one is big so basically they are all different. They are again really easy to cook, and it only takes probably 40 minutes if you work fast.

Ingredietns 

- 1/2 cup flour

- 1 large egg

- 1/2 tbsp sugar

- 1/4 tsp slat 

- 1 cup whole milk 

- 1/2 tbsp butter 

- Fresh fruit, for serving 

- Icing sugar, for serving 

Method: 

1. In a mixing bowl whisk the flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Then create a well with flour and add the egg.

2. Gradually pour in milk, whisking to combine after each addition. Let batter stand at room temperature until slightly bubbly on top, 10 to 15 minutes. 

3. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt butter. About 1/8 cup at a time, drop batter evenly onto pan, swirling it to evenly coat.

4. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining batter.

5. Serve crepes warm with fresh fruit and Icing sugar.

When we did this, we encountered some problems because everyone had a different opinions. Fortunately, we discovered that if some of use want to do the same job, etc, then everyone has to take turns to do it so that others can do something. When we prepared it, we also decided who would eat the first crepe. My first impression is that it is i very thin, but at the same time it was cute. The taste is great. It is crunchy on the side and very soft in the middle. I like the combination of chocolate and banana. I try to fold up the crepe to make them look more elegant and appetising. When we finished our meal, I was disappointed that we wouldn't be able to finish it on time, buy unexpectedly we finished everything on time. I also even tried it at home , because we have visitors. At first, the texture was too watery, so I thought I added too much milk and didn't pour the right amount of flour. I didn't expect the visitors to like it, so I made another one but then, I tried to make some changes, such as adding 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, etc. So the second one is good, the colour, the crispiness and even the softness. I was really happy that everyone like it, and I will probably make this again for my breakfast or even as my desserts. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.