Pages

Monday 17 May 2021

Pikelets - Home Economics

 Well in Home Economics, our very first dish we did for this term was called Pikelets. They are like a small version of a pancake, but they weren't. To describe they are small little tiny pikelets, and they are really easy to cook. For this one me and pair, since someone in the group wasn't at school, so we have to work together lastly because we might run our of time.


Ingredients:

1 Cup Plan flour

1 t baking powder

1/4 t of salt

1 egg

1/4 c sugar

3/4 c milk

Method :

1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.

2. In another bowl beat the egg and sugar with a whisk until pale and thick.

3. Add the egg mixture and the milk to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.

4. Gently heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and brush with a little melted butter. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture from the point of the spoon onto the surface.

5. When the bubble start to burst on the top of the pikelets, turn them over and cook the second side until golden.

6. Place on a cooling rack.

7. Serve with a sweet or savoury topping.

Apologies we forgot to take a picture for our mise en place.

For me when we were making it we really didn't have a hard time making it since we didn't have any troubles, because we understand each other, and we help each other when we get stuck on something. We both have a job, and we plan and make sure that were both are always doing a job. When we were cooking the pikelets, we first put a tiny amount just to check the heat is right. Then we also have to keep on checking it, so while my buddy is looking after it, I have to do the dishes since I was schedule to do it. Then when it was time to flip it over, I take over it and then repeating on putting the right amount and also make sure it has the right shape. Thanks to our teacher because she gave us a tip, what is the right way to put it on the pan and cook it nicely. When we finish cooking it, we both tried it and I was actually shocked that it was good. The fact I know the butter made the pikelets rich and moist. It was so soft when you bite on it, and it was not that sweet at all. But for me, it will be great if we put something savoury as our toppings and even the smell like a honey sorts of stuff. Over all, I think we did a wonderful job doing it even though it was only the two of us. I'm really proud because we finish it on time.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.