Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Interpersonal Skills

 In health, we did something a bit different since we have a new teacher. So at first sh introduce herself to the class, she shared some facts about her life, what is she teaching at school, and how long, etc. She was really kind, and after introducing herself, it was out turn we filled out a form that ask about what we like, and what we don't like. After that we did some activities that is also about interpersonal skills, we have to be in a pair. So each pair will be given 2 different images, we are not allowed to show each other. She also give us a piece of paper, in this activity, we both need to sit back to back and person 1 will describe her image the paper, for the person 2 to draw.

The main thing is to draw the picture as close as we can to how our partner describes it.     

- The IP skill that me and my partner use was, Verbal communication, Non-verbal communication, and Active listening. For verbal communication we both use the tone of our voice, the fact that we need to speak clearly for the person to understand the image we both have. Then for the non- verbal, we used our hand gestures, and body language to give them a hint of the object looks like, etc. Active listening, we both listen to each other, we pay attention, and showing interest on my partner. I did use warm fuzzies for today's lesson, I gave her positive reaction and positive thoughts.

- Using this IP skill helped to make things more easier for us, without the active listening we will get distracted by others, and we won't even understand each other. This helped with the activity because in this type of thing, the key IP skills we needed is that first three, verbal,non-verbal, active listening. When it comes to describing or understanding.

- Yesterday I worked well with Evelyn,an example of when we worked well together is she understand what I'm saying and describing. Also the fact that she was really focus and used active listening really well, both both has a lots of laugh since we both had a hard time drawing things. She described it step by step, she didn't rush but she explained it with detailed. That made things more easier for me to imagine the scenario she have. 

- If I got to do the activity again, I would dry used a proper voice since I was laughing. I also need to be louder, and probably explained the image more detail. I would want a different image, like about the IP skills but people were acting it, I feel like it will be more easier to do that because describing a person is not that hard, rather than drawing a piece of art that is all based on nature.

-  I probably worked at Level Three which is about self responsibility. Because I learn and practice more skills without any hesitation , and work really hard towards achieving one of my goals. I'm also prepared for any activities, and make my own decision about my learning. More importantly work cooperatively in a group situation. One example, is when I really tried used the best word that will possibly describe the object in the picture, and like being more confident in class. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.