Pages

Friday 28 May 2021

Writing - ESOL

Tuesday, we started creating a piece of writing for our ESOL exercise. Our teacher has given us a document, were we have to fill out once a week. There's 12 topic we can chose from, and my second piece of writing is about Speaking in front of the class. Doing these exercise, will help our brain to be active since we have to think of deeper words. That will help make our piece of writing more interesting, and understandable. I find  this topic sorts of interesting , since I have a lot of things to say and it will help me to write more than just 100 words. Speaking in front of the class, is one of my most hated thing to do in school. I'm really proud since, I wrote more than 100 words.

My writing:

Speaking in front of the whole class is probably my least favourite part when I’m at school. The fact that I actually have speech anxiety, every time I was asked in front of a group and present . My whole body will struggle, my mind will be blank.In fact, public speaking is everyone’s biggest fear. Some of the most common symptoms of speech anxiety are: shaking, sweating, butterflies in the stomach, dry mouth, rapid heartbeat, and squeaky voice. Social anxiety is a very common type of anxiety disorder. Well a person with social anxiety feels fear in certain or all social situations. Such as meeting new people, answering a question in class, or having to talk to a cashier in a store.For me speaking in front of the class is not my thing, I’m not confident about myself, my voice, and everything. I always think of myself as a useless person, and when I’m in front I think of negative thoughts which make things harder for me to speak loudly. Every time people looked at me , and paid attention to my speech. Sometimes I actually feel appreciated, but I’m still insecure about everything even though everyone cheered for me, and supported me. The reason why I’m scared of talking and presenting things in front of others is because I'm scared of what they think of me. It was because sometimes they judge me by how I look, even though they don’t fully know me. They might talk about me, they might laugh at me for screwing up and that didn’t help me but instead it made me more nervous. So sometimes what I do is practise and calm myself up, and I know someday I will overcome this kind of thing, all I need is to be more confident,and think of the positive things. Doing them will help me get through the presenting side easily, without any hesitation and without any shaky body. I just need to be proud of myself and just do what is right, because everyone’s voice needs to be heard. Every voice matters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.