Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Rubber Band Cup Tower

 In health, we did another activity based on our Interpersonal Skills. It was the same as the last time, but this time we were group with different people. There were 4 people in my group, and I admit grouping with different people who I usually don't talk with is kinda uncomfortable. So in this activity each group will get 1 elastic band and string/a piece of string (30cm), and 5 plastic cup. Our goal was to attach the string to the elastic band, and each group member pulls on the string to move each cup from one table to another. Challenge each other group to do it as fast as possible. At first I was actually kinda confused of what to do, but then when I saw some pictures in google I already got the idea of what we are suppose to do. After that I went to my group, and we all practise. Communicating with other people was actually fun.

What IP skills did I use?

The IP skills I used was being conclusive, negotiation and compromise, and active listening. I used being conclusive because we all need to participate and help each other, and we also need to make sure that no one is left out we all need to something.Also putting my self on the spot were I also need to make sure, that I'm being included. For active listening, well we all need to listen to each other opinion and pay more attention to the person who is talking. Lastly I picked negotiation and compromise because they mean when people in your group, need to find a reasonable solution to share with each other and compromising is when the two people are negotiating. I did use warm fuzzies, because I encourage my team that we can do it. Even though we lose, at least we all tried.


Why did it helped?

Using those IP skills helped ,because it makes it more easier for us to communicate with each other. If we didn't help or even talk to each other. Then we wouldn't be able to finish the task, luckily the people in my group really did try there very best to win. It also helped us because if we didn't use active listening, then probably the person who is talking will feel uncomfortable and irritated since no one listening. I'm happy that when one person in our group says something we all listen.


Who did I worked well with?

They're Mattisin, Daniel, and Jackson. An example of when we worked well together was, when we were practising and trying to do find a strategy that will work well.I was lucky enough to be in that group because they were all nice, and they also look one another even though one person in my group were misbehaving. But we know that the more we hype him up, the more it will get worse so we just asked that person nicely to stop and focus. The after all he listen.


How would you do it differently?

Well when we were doing the challenge one of person didn't do it, and participate but he practised which is good. The fact that when we finished the challenge, our teacher said that we get -1 in our time since there's only 3 people who did it when it was supposed to be 4. Furthermore, I was happy and proud about our time even though it was only the three of us, and we even had a problem with our string and rubber band. I think we stretch it way too hard, so when we were doing the challenge we have to re-do it again and asked for someone else one.


What level of Helisons behaviour model were you working at in this activity and provide examples of this

Well I worked at level four, and one example is when I respect their ideas. Listen to their opinion, also I think my group and myself demonstrate fair play for others, and a good teamwork. I tried working on higher level since, that time I really wanted to improve my communication towards other people. I think that I have participated really well, and cooperate with them which made me think that I have achieved my goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.