Pages

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Health

 Today in Health, we did something pretty different since our teacher is away and needs to do something really important, she sent us something to do while she was away and one of them is doing your blog and play some activities with other people.

What IP skills did I use?

The IP skills we used today were verbal communication, being inclusive and negotiation, and compromise. I and my partner used verbal communication because this type of activity needs a lot of communication with each other, well verbal communication is because working together entails expressing yourself through nonverbal cues for team plays and convincingly sharing winning ideas with my buddy while also being a good listener. Being exposed to constant responsiveness, similar to sports, causes me to develop excellent communication skills. Today we used it pretty well, then secondly we again used being inclusive because there's only the two of us and we need to win against other teams. So the only thing we have to do was to help each other and include each other to win the games, and that's the only that will help us play well and fairness with each other. Negotiation and compromise are also important, well negotiation skills are the abilities that enable two or more parties to reach an agreement. Communication, persuasion, planning, strategizing, and cooperating are common examples of soft skills. To make things easier for us, we just need to agree with each other and understand our different opinions, and don't take things too seriously. We both cheer for each other and encourage the other opponents.

Why did it helped?

Using these IP skills really did help me and my team, to do more better and it also made things really easy for me to talk with different people since I only talk to people who I really know. If we both didn't help each other, then there's a high possibility that we're gonna lose to other teams and we wouldn't be able to finish it since we only have 10 mins for each game. Verbal communication really worked well, because we both give each other the opportunity to tell their ideas and we both listen really carefully to some different strategies we both come up with. We both used the right words. For being inclusive, well we already know that there are only two people on each team so if we didn't let each other have a turn and being selfish, then it will make things harder for the other team focus since we might have an argument about taking turns. Luckily it didn't happen, because we negotiate with each other pretty well.

Who did I worked well with?

Well after each game me and Miguel and Evelyn played 3 different games, it was really a fun experience. Since we all helped each other and learn something new, it was really easy to communicate with her since we both hang out with each other in all of our classes. Evelyn helped me and encourage me to do well, so I did the same thing with her. She is so lively, and I would be honored to be her buddy again. Even though we somehow got some tough times versing other teams.

How would you do it differently?

Well, I wouldn't change anything at all but if I and my team had the chance to redo some of the games, then we both will be pleased to do it again since we somehow mucked up with some of the games but we still did well even though we had a bit of a hard time because we are all only laughing. Also, we need to communicate with other people since we kinda feel uncomfortable around the other teams that w have versed.


What level of Helisons behaviour model were you working at in this activity and provide examples of this

Well, I worked at level four, and one example is when I respect her ideas and all of her opinions since she is more like an introverted person. So I listened to her opinions and follow her strategies, and if it didn't work well we both come up with something different. Also, I think I and my buddy, demonstrate fair play with other teams, and we both showed good teamwork. I again tried working on higher-level again since that time I really wanted to improve my communication towards other people that I know and didn't know. I think that I have participated really well, and cooperate with them. Today's activity was the most fun thing we have done, in Health.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lhysette,
    I really like the way you put facts and what you did.But this whole blog post was a little hard for me to read but overall you did such an amazing job, especially your really long paragraphs.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.