Pages

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Shark Infested Custard Game

The health class did another, activity that was based on IP skills. This time was actually the same as the previous activities, and I was with different people and we are in a group of 6. In that team, I was honoured to be their leader. Well the class will be divided into 3 even groups. 

Each group will be given 3 hula hoops, and head out to the basketball court near M8. 

The goal is to get the whole team from one side of the court to the other, using only the hoops. 

Rules: you can only stand on the hoop when it is completely flat on the ground. You cannot shuffle the hoop along the floor. Any part of any team member comes out of the hoop and the whole group goes back to the start. It is a challenge against the other teams. 

You get 3 minutes at the start to work out your strategy. 


What IP skills did I use?
The IP skills we used today was being inclusive, verbal communication and lastly the most important one is active listening . My team and I used active listening because, this sorts of activity is kind of dangerous since today was a rainy day and everything is wet and slippery. So we all need to be careful and listen to each other, so that no one will get hurt and we are all safe. I was again satisfied about my team, since all of them listen to the instruction carefully. Then secondly verbal communication, well all of us need to use our proper tone of voice. We have to use positive words, and encourage them to keep going. Lastly probably the second important thing was being inclusive to everyone, we have to help each other and include everyone so that no is left out. Also in this activity, I again used warm fuzzies even though my team and I came in second place.The purpose of this game was to help and communicate well with different people.

Why did it helped?
Using this IP skills helped my team, to do more better and it also made it easier for us to came up for some different plans. If we didn't helped each other then we wouldn't be able to finish the activity, like for verbal and active listening well for that I think that we did use that IP skill very well because all of us used an appropriate words, and we all listen and stick to one idea. For being inclusive, if we didn't use that then someone in the group will feel left out and might not participate and that will made things more harder for us. Because when we are in the middle of the game and one person plan on not doing it, then we will have to go back from the start.

Who did I worked well with?
I worked well with Evelyn, Misha, Joseph, Eliakim and Miguel. They made things easier since they are easy to communicate with , and so that we wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable with each other. When we were at the middle of the game, one person slipped since there's s big distance between the hoops and luckily she didn't hurt herself. After that we all plan to just throw the hoop were we can easily jump on, since not all of us are a good jumper so we all have to be careful because we might hurt our teammates or ourselves. Even though we had a little bit of a problem, we still managed to finish the activity without people getting hurt or injured really badly since some people were mucking around.

How would you do it differently?
For my point of view, I wouldn't change anything since we all can managed ourselves and I believe that we wouldn't do anything silly with other people. The matter fact, I know one thing that we all need to do differently is that maybe to change our strategy. Well our strategy was to let the short one go first, and then the person who has fast reflection can take care of the back. I mean we actually did got stuck when one person throws the hoop far and none of us can jump properly because there's three people on each hoops.Probably we were scared that we might slip, or might hit, etc. So that's when things happened. We all need to be sensible and look after one another, and be respectful of someones opinion or point of view. Furthermore, I think we all did great when it comes to communicating and encouraging each other to not be scared.

What level of Helisons behaviour model were you working at in this activity and provide examples of this

Well I worked at level four, and one example is when I respect their ideas since I was chosen to be their leader. Listen to their opinion and different strategy, and give some thoughtful feedback. Also I think my group and myself demonstrate fair play for others, and I truly believe that we showed a good teamwork. I tried working on higher level again since , that time I really wanted to improve my communication towards other people that I know and didn't know. I think that I have participated really well, and cooperate with them. Today's activity was one of my favourite, since we get to pick who should be on our team .


Things that worked well :
- working together
- useful to have a leader 
- strategy time useful 
- easier to move with fewer people 
- try to have fun 
- communicating with each other
- following a pattern of hoop entry 
- being fair team players
- rule changes to make it better next time
- supporting each other-helping hand 
- hoop distances kept close

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.