Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2021

Samoan Language Week


Talofa, today we are celebrating Samoan Language since we have Wananga for the first two periods we get to choose an activity and search some common language phrases and create any type of presentation, and share it with everyone. Samoan, is a communal way of life that was based on Fa'a Samoa, it was a unique socio-political culture.Samoan culture, some of their most activities are done together. Elders in the family are greatly respected and hold the highest status. Also Samoan is knows for other things. 

Today I have created some facts like their traditional clothing, games, weddings and more. I'm happy that I have learnt a lot of things about them. Some common Samoan language.

Greetings :

Ua mai oe ? - How are you                                                           Manuia le aso - Good day 

Leai - No                                                                                       Manuia le po - Goodnight 

Fa'afetai - Thank you                                                                    Soia! - Stop

Manuia fa'afetai - Good, thank you                                Ua ou fiafia ua ta feiloa'i - Pleased to meet you

Ioe - Yes                                                                                       Ailoga - Maybe 

Fa'amolemole - Please                                                                 Ou te leiloa - I don't know 

Fa'amolemole, toe fai mai lau tala - Please say that again            Tulou lava - Excuse me 

Ou te alofa iate oe - I love you                                       Ia manuia Lou Aso Fanau - Birthday Greetings 

Fa'afetai! - Congratulations 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.