Pages

Thursday 3 June 2021

Fun ways to explore Language - ESOL

 Fun approaches to investigate language, that is the thing that we have done in ESOL. Our ESOL class exercises are fun since we will be in a gathering and have some action with them. 

3 Recalls - 

I remember doing the activity we have done last week when we get to be in a group and do some guessing about the title of the book. As each of the two groups needed to have a runner, where it has to run across the room and write the answer down the board. It was so fun, and I wanted to do it again.

Secondly from this lesson, I remember we did play hot potato where a group of students each has a sheet of paper, on which they write one work and pass it clockwise around the circle for the next student to write one word on. We have to keep passing the pages around rapidly like hot potatoes, and we have to form a story at the end. Re-read the stories, and correct the grammar for the story to make more sense. 

Lastly, the last activity we did is called Alphabet story, where you have to write a story in which each successive word begins with the next alphabet word. This one is probably the hardest one since the story still has to make sense, but it was still fun.

Insights - 

I learned that it was harder to think when you are using each of the alphabet letters because you have to come up with something that makes sense with the word before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.