Pages

Saturday 26 June 2021

Apple Turnovers

The last thing we cooked in Home Economics as a group, was called Apple Turnovers. Since this week we were in a different group because we are making our own choice of food and I'm with Qyn. And the other two people were indifferent groups since we can only be in a group of two that's the max number. When we were making these Apple turnovers, I thought that it was actually easy but there some practical stuff that we did when you are making it. That is when you have to cut it into half so that everyone has two each. You only need 4 ingredients.


Since we have 4 people in our group we thought of separating each other into twos, so that we can easily measure things up. When we finished, cutting our pieces we put our pieces of green apples in the corner of the pastry. Then we sprinkled it with a teaspoon of sugar, and add a pinch of cinnamon, only if you wanted to add something to it. After putting our toppings, we fold them over into a neat triangle and press the edges with a fork to seal well. There were some problems when I fold them there are some apples going out, and I can't properly seal it. So I have to take out some apples, just to make it work. Then after that, I prick some hole in the top and sprinkle it with a little sugar. When I took my first bite, I really like the crunch of the pastry, and even though some of it were not fully cooked which is fine. To judge the taste, I didn't quite like it because of the apple. The green apple is kinda sour, and it doesn't go well with cinnamon and sugar. It was also too soft, and it keeps falling when I'm eating it. To be honest, the only thing we need to change is that we should have left it in the oven for few more minutes and probably I won't put too many apples but instead put a lot of sugar since I didn't taste the sugar but only the cinnamon. After all, it tastes ok, and my team and I worked well together. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.