Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Its Cool to Be Kind - Hornby Elderly Daycare Center

Every Wednesday of our C.I.P in our "Its Cool to be Kind" project the teacher always pick a portion amount of students to go and experience and have a chance to go to the Hornby Elderly Daycare Center. We also get to have a chance to talk to the old people in that center, Last week I got to have  chance to go there with my friends. But before we went there we had to get something that we would like to share with the elders so me and my friends tried to think of something that is very special to us.

My friends decided to bring their phones because they said that they have some picture of us, having fun together and I think they took that picture when we are going to watch a movie together at night.
 I think that's the most fun thing that we did together,  I brought a key chain that one of my closest friend gave to me. When we were just about to go I was surprised that we needed to walk because it was so close to our school,  the teacher that accompanied us had also gave us a talk.

She talked about how we needed to respect them since some of them don't have the best hearing and eye sight. Once we arrived their was already a senior there who arrived in a car and she was very kind to us, after that we went inside of the center and great the elders. After waiting it was time for us to go to the grandma's and talk to them and share what I brought with me and I was also with one of my friend because we have to sit with some elders to talk with, we play some games and get to know each other.

 It was really fun talking to them and sometimes I think about my grandma who passed away and also I was really close with elder people since when I was kid me and my grandma always play that's why I think that it was really easy to me to play along with them. I was really happy that I experience different things in this C.I.P and always having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.