Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Cheese Scones - HEC1

 In our Home Economics, we've prepared another simple recipe however  you need more materials. The thing we made is called " Cheese Scones", it was truly simple however kinda befuddling with regards to estimating and getting its perfect measure. 

Formula : 

- 3 cups self-raising flour ( or plain flour with heating powder ) 

- 3 cups of flour 

- 6 tsp heating powder ( possibly use if your utilizing a plain flour ) 

- 1/2 tsp table of salt 

- 60 g margarine scheduled, and cut it into shapes 

- 1/4 cups milk

Methods

Preheat the oven  to 180 degree Celsius

Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.

Stir through the baking powder and then the cheese.

Make a well in the center and add milk, mixing quickly with a knife to form a soft dough 

Tip dough onto a lightly floured board and pat or roll into rectangle. Cut into shapes and brush with a little milk.

Place on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 minutes until a rich golden colour.  

When I tasted the scones, at first I kinda hated it because I thought it was not cooked enough since we were in rush. Because that time we were 10 mins late in our lunch time, that's why we have to take it out that quickly. The texture was very doughy and I'm not a fan of it, but I still like it because of the cheese and the softness. I'm really happy that me and my team really work together, we helped each other when someone is in panic and don't know what to do. I really hope that we always work like this, since it really help us to work more faster.

I wouldn't change any even though it was kind off doughy, because it still taste good and the taste of cheese scones. 

         

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lhysette. You make a good start to your blog but please include the actual recipe that you used in class. Baking powder not heating powder was used! To improve your blog please add photos as per the Blog requirements. I am pleased to read your group comments. Organisation and dividing up the tasks is important if you are to get out of class on time.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.