Pages

Friday 12 February 2021

Yr 9 - ESOL

In our ESOL class we have to write a blog explaining what is 321 RIQ stands for. Also we have to write something, that connect with the new strategy of reflection. 

321 RIQ is a strategy for us to use when we are writing our blog, and those three letters stands for something. One R stands for "Recalls" and what it means is that we have to write at least three new things we remember when we have this lesson. Like we can write something that reflect back to our mind, when we have ESOL lesson. Then secondly the I stands for "Insights" that means we have to write new things in this lesson. In example we can write about learning my classmates name, and the teachers name, etc. Last but no the least Q, it stands for " Question" and all we have to do is to write 1 question that we wanted to ask the teacher that we didn't understand wanted to learn more about that topic. Now our second task was to try using that method. 

3 Recalls - The fist day I remember we play this game where we have to say one adjective(describing words) that starts with our initial, and then we say our real name. is not just that because it has a twist, because you also have to say the adjective and their name those only who are before you. That's why we have to sit in  a circle, and listen to the one person who talking so we can remember what they say. It was a fun game to do in class.

- Secondly the other thing that I remember is writing a 200 words explaining what is the purpose of writing your blog, but we have to write 3 advantage of writing your blog, 2 things why we do blogging, and etc. You can write more, but you can't write less than 200..

-Thirdly the last thing I remember is doing this, writing stuff about the new strategy we just learn.

2 Insights - The first thing I just learn is y teacher's name, and also my new classmate that I have never seen in my other class, then I also learn new things about where my teacher usually lives in her past life. 

- The last thing I learnt is this, I have never heard of 321 RIQ. That's why I'm very happy because I know what are the orders when I'm writing a blog. It's not just sharing them what I just learnt, I also have to share and try to reflect on the other things. Because this help my blog to be more specific an understandable. 

1 Question - I don't really have a question to ask, because I remember everything I have learnt in this lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.