Pages

Thursday 8 August 2019

Hurumanu - Solar Energy

 Solar Energy

Catching the sun movie


Materials:

  1. Cups x4 
  2.  Water
  3.  Tin foil 
  4.  2 sheets of white paper
  5.  1 sheet of black paper 
  6. Thermometer 
  7. 1 large cup 

Steps

  1. The first thing you need to do was to get all of the materials that you need and put them down on your table.  
  2.  When you have all of the materials go and fill all of the small cups with cold water don't put a lot of water and leave a space.
  3.  After that place a large cup and put it to one of the cup that you have to make it look like a  greenhouse.
  4.  When you've done put 1 cup to a white paper, and the second cup that has a large a cup is also put to  white paper, the third cup has to be put to a black paper and the last cup is with the tin foil. 
  5.   Go get a heat lamp and leave all the cups but make sure that the heat lamp has a light on it.
  6.  After that wait at least 15 minutes and after that measure it with a thermometer but every 15 minutes.

Which surface conducts / attracts the most heat?



Time +
temperature
Cup 1
White paper
Cup 2
White paper+ plastic.
Cup 3
Black paper
Cup 4
Tinfoil
0
12 d12 d 12 d 12 d
15 minutes
15 d 17 d 21 d 25 d 
30 minutes
17 d 18 d 21 d23 d
45 minutes
18 d 19 d 20 d  22 d 

Findings:

In my opinion I think that we succeed but some of our temperatures went up and down which confused us but in our opinion maybe it was because we were kinda close to the door, but the really warmest cup was the tin foil because of the light that is reflecting on the foil and also it was near the heat lamp that's why it was really warm but in a few second when we turn off the heat lamp the cup that is on the tin foil slowly turning to a  cold water again. 
Conclusion:

 Me and my group have fun doing it and I'm really proud of my group because they try their best doing it. When me and my group we're doing the measure thing was kinda confusing because when we do it some of them are going higher but some of them are getting lower and also I think we succeed because we are almost near at the door and there's a light at the top of the surface which is good but some of the water doesn't change because some of the cups are not near at the heat lamp and I think that's why it doesn't change at all, but after all it was fun and I learn a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.