Pages

Monday 19 August 2019

Instrumental Industries!

Today we have our first session of our Music and our teacher for this term was Mrs Hastie and our form teacher Mrs Allan- Fletcher, and we are also with the other class which is Whaea Jo class. I was really excited and happy to learn other things and I think that time that I was in a green/yellow zone ( I forget what is the meaning why they called it like that) , because every Monday we always have to be in a circle with the whole class and you can talk about how you feel about today and if we you a problem you can share it to the other people and they will give you some helpful feedback to make you feel great and also if you feel like your very unhappy you will be in a blue zone because the teacher said that if you are in a blue zone you don't like going to school or something, and yellow and red zone is also part of it and the meaning of those zone is like when you  feel very angry and upset of someone or something you are in the red zone but if you think you are in the  yellow zone that means that you are very excited of something because maybe there are activity that is going to happen in your school ,and I think that's why I taught that I was in the yellow/green zone.

  By the way the first thing that we did in out Music lesson we brainstorm some question about what is music, like what types of music do you like to listen to and other things, but the first thing that we did was to find a group and you can only have 4 people in your group so me and my friends that we can work together as a team, after that we answer those question and the teacher ask every group to tell or share their answer so that the teacher can put something on the slide so we can look what the other people think. After we have doing that discussion we watch some videos that show different types of music like the choir, orchestra,etc..
 For our the last period we talk about Ukulele like what do you think about the Ukulele, and also what do you know about the Ukulele such as where does it came from and some other things, and we also watch some group of people performing in the stage using the ukulele, we also look some other types of Ukulele like Soprano, Concert, Tenor, Baritone. We also look and talk about parts of the Ukulele those are the topics that we are kinda focusing on today first Hurumanu. Learning those discussion was really fun and we also get to do some activity like we have to think of the Title and one group say the " Instrumental Industries" and there are also some good ideas but most of the people pick this one which I think it's also good and when we have the title for this Hurumanu we design it in our own you can draw in your exercise book or you can use your Chromebook to design it but you can do whatever you want but it does need to be base on the topic that we just discuss like you can put like the eight note or single bar note but it your choice,we also have to put the Glossary for our Glossary we put the picture of the Ukulele and we also included the names of different parts of the Ukulele.

 I think for this session I have fun because I learn other things and I have fun doing some activities and other stuff and I can wait to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.