Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2020

Margaret Mahy

 This will be my second activity that I have to do, and this time I have to create a biography about Margaret Mahy. Who is an children's books author, and my second task is to tell you guys the 8 new things that I have learned about her. I actually didn't have any idea that she will be an author, at first I thought that she is just an ordinary women who did something that change this country. Actually in other word she is a women who, didn't give p writing her stories.

8 new things I have learned :

- Margaret Mahy, is the oldest among the rest. She is born in Whakatane. And was born in March 21, 1936. Mahy is writer for the children and adult, and her books was translated in 15 different language.

- Secondly Mahy book always reflect her delight in fantasy, magic, adventure, humour, etc. I also learned about her parents, why she start writing. Her father was a engineer who also read different stories to them, and in other hand her mother was a teacher who teach young people in Primary. 

- Then she even wrote her first story when she was at the age of seven. And in 1955 she attended the New Zealand Library School in Wellington, then she receive her diploma. Then work for he Petone Public  Library. 

- In 1967 she had her stories published in the New Zealand Journal, and at the time of 1980 she become a full-time writer and has even receive tons of awards. And had the honour for her contribution to New Zealand and the children's literature.

- And Mahy was even the first recipient of the Auckland College of Education's in 2002. In 2005, Mahy receive a secondary doctorate and the Phoenix award in Canada . At the same year she was honoured as a living icon of New Zealand art.

- In December 2015, the Margaret Mahy was opened in Christchurch. the playground design was actually inspired by one of her best known fantasy book.

- Margaret Mahy Treasury, the eleven favourite stories from the marvellous Margaret Mahy was published by puffin in 2011.

- 23,July 2012. At the age of 76 Mahy passed away. Everyone missed her in the New Zealand children's publishing world, even though she passed away her marvellous work still continues of the young generations of New Zealanders. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.