Pages

Friday 27 November 2020

Wind Power

Here in our Science class, we have to create a poster about wind, solar and geothermal. At first we have to choose a buddy, and worked together as a team. And when we prove that we can work together really well, we will get some points. So for me I didn't work with one of my closet friend, so I work with a different person who I usually don't hangout a lot with. She was Evelyn, the both us think that we can create a poster about wind mills. In the diagram we have to include a photo or a drawing, and also a description of how the energy source works. The disadvantage and advantage. 

One of us is putting some information and brain storming stuff, while the other one is drawing and researching the 3 disadvantage and the advantage of win power. That one is my job, since the other day my partner is now here. So I have to take over, and actually I was rushing since we have to finish it in 20 minutes, and I was having a hard time because I'm only by myself. Furthermore, luckily I finish it in time, and I added the things that it need to be included. 

So how it work?

- So when the blades start moving, the three blades will spin a shaft that will lead to generator.

- Those generator can consists of an conductor, like a coiled wire. That are surrounded by the magnets/

-Rotating shaft turns the magnets all around to its conductor and also it generates an electrical current.

- All of the sensor causes the above of all turbine, to rotate to face into the wind and the three sharp blades will change their angle to best catch those winds. And let me tell you the blades are flexible and will automatically stop spinning if the wind is too strong. 

Steps: 

- Wind turns the turbine blades.

- Spinning the shaft

-Generating electricity

- An inverted converts electricity from to DC to AC.

- The electricity is connected directly to its main power, or sometimes it was connected to a battery bank. Or maybe connected to the electricity grid.  

Advantages :                                                                           Disadvantages:

- Renewable energy                                                          - Unreliable wind strength

- Pollution - free                                                                - Threat to wildlife.

- Cost - effective                                                               - Noise disturbance.

Photo : 





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.