Pages

Thursday 14 May 2020

Interpreting Graphs

Kia Ora everyone, welcome back to my blog so for today's blog I will be sharing you my last activity for our maths. Because at Monday we are no longer doing online class, but we are now allowed to go back to school. So this week maths work was kinda easy and also fun to do, because it was all about Interpreting Graphs. It include a lot of different graphs like Line graphs, Steam and Leaf, Dot Plot graphs and etc. I had fun doing the line graphs and Steam and Leaf one,and of course  answering the question.

There's a site where we can see the questions some of them only ask 3 questions, and some of them ask 7 questions. It's the same thing like what we did in making end meets, we have to put our answer into the slide. To be honest some of the questions are kinda confusing so I have to compute it, and make sure that my answer is right. It only took me an 1 hour to do this because add some equation how I get the answer, so that it will make it easier  to understand it. Let me tell you about the different questions and what the graphs talk about.



Stem and leaf: This one talked about the students measuring their pulse for 1 minute, and record recording their finding by using steam and leaf graphs. Well your pulse rate is the number of times your heart beats in one minute. The questions are about "What is the lowest pulse rate in the class?", also "What is the fastest pulse rate in the class?". Those are the questions that I have to answer. 


Line Graphs : This one talked about numbers of dollars that Sam had in his savings account, from January 1997 to April 1999. The questions are about "How many dollars did Sam have in his account in December 1997?", also "Which months in 1990 did he have $ 80 in his bank account?". This one had 4 fun questions to answer. 



Dot Plot Graphs: This graphs talked about the pupils who read book over a week. Well let me tell you something some of her pupils don't read books and someone read over 5 books!. And the questions asked altogether, how many pupils are there in room 6?, also what was the most common number of book read?. It only have 5 questions. 

Line Graphs : It talked about a caretaker of he school who measured the temperature of the water in the swimming pool, over 14 days. The graphs include the title and number of the water temperature, and of course the questions asked about what was the temperature on Day Number 3? On which day did the pool have the highest temperature?. It also have 5 questions like the dot plot graphs. 





Pie Graphs: The pie graphs shows how Donna spent her $ 10 fr Christmas presents. This one is different from the other graphs because it give you some choices, not like the other graphs. Also this one confused me a lot when I was reading it, but luckily I understand it after a minute have past. The question are like " How much did she spend on her brother Jim?" and " How much did she spend on Sarah?". 






Data Tables: The charts shows the temperature readings made at the different times on that four days. Answering the questions are kinda easy but some of them are not, this table include the time, days and temperature.Questions asked " What day was it hotter at midday?" and " What day and time was the hottest temperature recorded?". It have 7 questions for me to answer.  

Bar Graphs: The graph include or shows the number of hours of sunshine for the whole week, and it start at November 24 - November 30. The questions asked which day has the greatest number and how many hours of sunshine were there on Monday?. It also have 3 cool questions. 



Pictographs: This pictogram shows the different fireworks sold at the Park Avenue store. There are keys like this @ it means ten dollars, and this & it equals to five dollars. Questions are " How much was spent on Volcanoes?" " Which two kinds of fireworks had the same amount spent on them?". It also have 5 questions that is kinda confusing. 




I had fun doing this activity, and by the way here is my slide. 
  
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.