Pages

Thursday 14 May 2020

Week 5 Reading Work

Kia Ora everyone, welcome back again for my another blog post so for today's blog I will be talking about my last activity work. This week activity is kinda harder because I have to answer some questions and then create a task, and every questions there's a related task that I have to do in different website. It was different because week 3 and 4 reading task are not like this, I just have to pick one journal story and one activity. And this time I used the that I have read for the past week, it was called Animorphs The Visitors and the authors of this book is K.A. AppleGate or Katherine Alice Applegate.

This book is about a group of friends and their names are Jake, Marco, Cassie, Tobias and her Rachel. All of them have the powers of morphing into different types of animals, all of them are heroes because they were trying to save the world by the Yeerks their enemies. Yeerks are like slugs but don't have ears, mouth, eyes etc. They are here to take control of human being, that's why all of them are trying to play safe because if the Yeerks find out where they lived they will be in trouble. And it will be the end like the Yeerks might kill them or worse. I really like this and if I could rate this 5/5 I will give it a full five because first the front of the book was really interesting the way they make it make it more mysteries, second the title of the book was really unique well first I didn’t even know why it was called Animorphs and it was my first time seeing the front like that. Third, the blurb was really creepy and cool at the same time the way the author wrote it gave me goosebumps because it included some interesting questions that made me want to read until the end non stop. Fourth when I started reading some chapters I saw that the group of friends were morphing into some kind of birds and for me I found it really cool, also the way they are helping each other just to get away from those hunters. And fifth the last chapter was really scary well let say that they almost got caught by their enemies a.k.a the Visser Three and the Yeerks but that didn’t stop them because they always look after each other also all of them are thinking about her or his friend situation and not about their self. That’s why I ranked this book 5 because of the reasons and also I love how the author includes a lot of new words that make me want to research so I can know it.

Let's go back to the activities, at the first slide it asked me to retell the main events/ ideas in my own words and then use draw.io to make a flowchart that shows the key events in chronological order. It was my first time using this but I have fun at first I don't understand how to use it, but lucky that there's some video in youtube that I can watched. For the second activity is if you ask one of the characters three question, what would it be and why?
Then I have to create a biteable video that shows I was asking the questions I have written . I like using this one but what I hate the most is it take so long to load, so I have to wait for 2 minutes and when it's done I would put it on the slide.

And for the third activity it asked me when and where the story takes place?, and when I finish doing that I have to use google maps and screencastify it to create a video showing where my story take place. For me I used Texas as my example because the has lived there so I thought why not use Texas as my example, I had fun playing with google maps and then recording it. I hate recording myself I don't know why, but I just hate it. But luckily I've finished this in no time.

For the last activity I have to choose 25 interesting words from the book, and then create a word art. I had fun editing this and choosing some shaped and exploring it. This one is seriously really easy to do and to use, that's why out of those activity this one is the best.

By the way guys here is the slide and the activities I've done.


          

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.