Pages

Friday 8 May 2020

Making End Meets

Hello everyone, today's topic I will be sharing what I have been doing on my maths work. Learning maths is fun but kinda hard at same time, I have been working on my maths almost a week now it was because our maths activity was really challenging to do. That's why our teachers gave us 2 weeks to finish them, but I'm lucky that I already finish it because my main goal this week was to finish my maths work and put it on my blog. I have been focusing on my maths because I know it will take me a lot of time to understand everything. For me learning new things that I'm not quite sure how to do like adding fractions with unlike denominators. Learning them was really fun, but kinda stressing too.

The first thing we have to do is to learn what does making ends meet, at first I don't have any single ideas at all but when our teacher told us the meaning according to the dictionary. It means to have enough money to buy what you need to live, that's why our challenges is to make our own menu for a week. And each day it must have breakfast, lunch and dinner, it's our job to provide the recipes including a list of ingredients. We have a budget of $200 for the whole week, reading this makes me think that it will be a hard day for me. Because I know that some of the ingredients will be expensive and some of them are cheap.

The second thing I did is to brain storm my ideas for all of my meals, if I can't think of anything there's a website that will help me pick which food should I eat for the rest of the week. I choose wisely and pick three dish because I know that some of their ingredients will be easy to buy. They are called Ham Omelette for my breakfast, Pork green bean and oyster stir-fry for my lunch, Lemon and herb roast chicken vegetable for my dinner. Also I decided to eat other things too because I don't want to eat them everyday so I added Cereal, bread with nutella,pancake with strawberries and rice and bacon.

After brains storming them all, I will now have have to search all of the ingredients that I need. We were lucky that the teachers include Pak'n Save etc, for us to search and now the price. And doing that was really stressing because I keep thinking that what if it exceed my budget, it really give me a difficult time to do but I have to keep going. Because I have a goal to achieve.

When I have done everything I will now put it into my menu items and it include number(250), quantity(ml) and of course the method of the food. It took me a day to finish this because I have to make sure that the method was right and it was put on my own words, second the numbers and quantity I have to research some of them just to make sure. And last but not least my shopping least this one was really kinda fun but stressing too,and I don't why because the first time I did this it was confusing me so I have to watch a video by one of the teachers explaining everything what we have to do. 

After a while I finally understand it, I also did the countdown one because I also used it if I can't find the item in Pak'n Save. And that's how I ended it. I did every single task it was because I picked expert and when you pick expert you have to do everything, I pick that one because I just want to challenge my self if I can do it in a week.

Then now I will do some practise about adding fractions, decimals, multiplying decimals and etc. For me it took a lot of time to understand it so I have to ask my sister for help, and to keep watching the video until I know what to do. For me adding fractions with unlike denominators are kinda hard to do but the rest of them are easy to learn.  I was having a hard time doing those stuff but it was worth it too.

Bye guys...

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lhysette! I am so proud of you! You have been so motivated and worked so hard during this working from home period. Well done!

    You have done well working through the work that was set and I'm glad you sought help when you needed it. That is all part of the learning process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Allan,

      Thank you for your kind words and commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it a lot.

      See you soon, Mrs. :)

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.