Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Reading

Kia Ora guys, today's blog is the same as my last one. I'm here again to share my another reading work but this time the story is different but the activity is still the same. Because if we've done reading a journal or a story and we have put it in our blog, we now have to do another one. I still pick a journal story and it was about a war that happened years ago, and for me it was historical fiction.  I had fun reading this so I thought that why not make a alternate ending again.

In the story it include two boys named Haora and Frere Jean, Frere Jean lived in the Kororareka while Haora lived in a different village. Their close together and both of them don't have any idea that it was their last meet. Because Kororareka had been attacked, but Haora saw everything because he hide behind a plant. And when the war was the done he made his way along the beach in the morning, the first thing he did is to knock inside Frere Jean house but there's no sounds so he checked everywhere but there's no sign of him. 

The only thing he saw is the book it was half buried and it was also burnt, he remember that this book was the one he helped Frere Jean to make. So he hurriedly pick it up and wiped off the dirt and when he opened it he was shocked that the two leafs survived, after looking at it he hold it tight while looking back at his friends house. Then slowly making his way to their village.

Reading this book was fun, and it also made me think where did Frere Jean go? I had the same question with Haora. It took me a lot of time to do the activity because I added some pictures and design it, while finishing the activity I did some research and I found a lot of information of what really happen, it said that the fall of Kororareka was a serious blow to the British, because it lost an estimated 50,000 euros worth of property. 

By the way here is the activity that I make. 


        

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.