Pages

Friday 5 March 2021

ESOL - Athletics day

Yesterday was one of the most exciting but also a fearful for everyone, the event we did was Athletics day. Everyone has to wear their kahui house color , and my one is Blue and that represent Rirorio. Everyone is doing different things, like some people is doing social ( which is when you still need to participate but really don't have to try your best ) then the other things is competitive ( you have to compete and really try your best at every sports you're doing ). I pick to do social because I'm that kind of person who really don't like participating, since I'm not that type of person who like sports. Furthermore, yesterday was actually really fun. 

Also in my P.E class we have this record when we practise for it, so here are my results.
Long Jump - 2.58 m 
Discuss - 9.6 m 
Shot put - 6. 45m 

One of my technique in Long jump is start running as fast you can, and also when you get to the line don't panic and try jump as you can. In Discuss stand with your left shoulder pointing at the target and your body facing the direction perpendicular to your shoulder (for right-handers). Keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees slightly. Hold the discus to your front, with your throwing hand, palm down. In shot put The chest, knee and toe should be in line with each other. The thrower places the shot into his/her neck. The left arm will be extended and out from the body with a right angle relationship to the right elbow. Over exaggerate the use of the legs in the throw especially the hips.

Image result for technique for discus

High Jump:
The year 9 girls have to participate and do high jump as their first event. At first I really don't want to do it since I'm not that really good at high jump, and I'm scared that I might fall and hurt myself. Likewise, I still have to do it so I try my very best to do it and I'm really happy that I get out of my comfort zone. High jump is not the very fun thing I did, in the Athletics day but I still enjoy it.

Discuss: 
I'm not really good at throwing because yesterday I have a very weak arm, but luckily I pick social so I don't have to really try but to only participate and earn point for the kahui house. I wasn't scared to do it, that's why I don' have to worry about hurting myself since all I have to do is to just throw it and sit down. After everyone has their turn, we can go around and watch and support other people because we have an hour break before our next event start. 

Running: 
I skip running because I arrive late, which is kind of sad because I was looking forward of doing it. So all I did was wait and get ready for my next event which is Shot put.

Shot put: 
This is the most easiest thing we did, even though the metal ball is really heavy. 

My favorite part of this day when we watch the relays, it was exciting and scared at the same time for our kahui. I really like part when were supporting them, and it was so enjoyable. I think we win some of them, but Riroriro lost one round. Yesterday was the most fun thing we did this term, and I'm looking forward again next year.  

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Lhysette. You have done a great job explaining techniques for athletics. I'm glad that you enjoyed wearing your kahui colour on athletics day and watching the relays. Thanks for being prepared each week with your PE gear. Keep up the awesome attitude. Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.