Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Ginger gems

 In our Home Economics, we made another type of muffin but this time its not a apple muffin instead it was Ginger Gems . So here is the method, and also the ingredients and our mise en place. 

Ginger Gems :

2 c flour 

1 t baking soda 

1 c caster sugar 

2 t ground ginger 

2 T golden syrup 

100 g butter 

2 eggs 

1 c milk 

Method :

1. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl 

2.Warm Butter and Golden Syrup together in microwave until the butter has just melted 

3.Remove and allow to cool slightly 

4.Add eggs and milk,beat well to combine all wet ingredients 

5.Add liquids to dry ingredients and gently mix. Do not over mix it

6.Grease muffin tin with spray oil 

7.Carefully spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Fill about 2/3 full 

8.Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 12-15 mins. These are cooked when skewer inserted into the center come out clean or the center springs back when pressed.

 

My job that time is to quantify a portion of the dry fixings, and deal with blending the butter, syrup and the egg together. I need to hustle just a bit when I'm getting the dry ingredients since certain of groups will likewise require it. My work is simple, and keeping in mind that the two person of my group is occupied with blending I chose to do the dishes to make it simpler for us. So that toward the end we don't need to panic about washing them in such a rush. When were noticing the gems, we figured we treated it terribly since it wasn't ascending so we were completely terrified that we did failed to put something however fortunately we didn't. The food we made isn't my type, the way that is excessively gingery however it actually taste great it's simply that we put a ton of ginger in it. So we need to change that next time, yet toward the end the look and the surface is acceptable. It was delicate, and it would seem that a mushroom. I will prescribe this however make sure to put the perfect measure of things, and adhere to the guidance accurately.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Lhysette. Well done. I like your photos but would have liked to see photos before and after cooking. Did you measure the ginger accurately or do you not like too much of thus spice? How would you describe the texture and appearance of these gems?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.