Pages

Friday 12 March 2021

ESOL...

 This week ESOL was a reading challenge week, on Tuesday we read a short stories since we do't have much time. We read a story about School in Ethiopia by Hialeab Gesese. It was about a boy who lives in Ethiopia, and he has to change school since his mother always went to different place of work, and it just tell of how their school work. Like what they wear, and also how many subjects and students went to his favorite school. After reading we have to answer some question about the story, and it was really quite easy and  also really fun to do. It also include 10 easy questions. Today, we were doing some writing stuff. We don't just write a random story, because it has to include three words and they are Contemplate, Courageous, and Cornucopia. If you are not familiar about the word Cornucopia well it's goat's horn overflowing with flowers and also fruits. So my story is just about a girl, who entry to a competition of making this Cornucopia. 

A symbol of plenty consisting of a goat's horn overflowing with flowers, fruit, and corn. It is one of the traditional things we do in here, and today is a big day since we're having a competition to create the best Cornucopia. My name is Alice, and I participate in this challenge, because I know I am courageous enough to win and take home the big prize ( $1000). I was somehow scared and anxious but I still did it. The first thing is that we have to contemplate the examples, and see if we can design it in our own way and also make it more fashionable just to catch people's attention. It took me an hour to create this masterpiece, and I’m really happy with how it turns out. I was shaking, also sweating at the same time because the result is there right in front of me, the judges are about to announce the winner.


I went home and I still can’t explain these emotions inside me, I run quickly and just can’t wait to hug my mother. Because I won!! I was excitedly running and skipping, and this big price I’m holding will help me and my mum buy some stuff we needed. I know that I don’t deserve this kind of thing but my mum does. She is courageous and playful to me, and she is that kind of person who is good at hiding their feelings. She is strong, and she will do everything just to make me happy and have a good life even though we’re poor. I’m really blessed to have such an incredible mum, when I arrive home. My mum is waiting for me there, those beautiful smiles made it more a special day for me. I quickly hugged her, and gave her the prize. She hugged me more tight, and thanked me. She is really proud of me, and that is the best feeling in the world. My mum and I went inside, and talked about some things. After that we live happily again, even though it was just me and her. 


Narrator:

Alice the wise girl, hopes to do that kind of thing again. Because now she is not afraid of anything she will do the things she hasn't done before, and make her mother proud of her. Alice practises everyday making cornucopia, and guess what she makes one and sells it for $50. She makes money, and she even saves tons of it. She always helped her mother, and the both of them were now living in a big house. That is thanks for her amazing daughter, who was known in her country. She now teaches people how to make it formally. She grew more, but her attitude didn’t change a bit. Alice was known by every kid, because every kid admire. She is pretty, wise and also a hard worker.... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.