Pages

Monday 8 March 2021

Heart Dissection

Sheep Heart Dissection Science Lab Activity | Learnist | Heart anatomy  quiz, Heart anatomy, Anatomy and physiology

 In our Hurumanu 4 class, we have tart another dissecting experiment but this time were dissecting a sheep heart. First up, we have to be in a group and work as team then we can start talking about the safety and the aim/ also the methods.

Aim: To look at the structure of the heart. 








 Method: 

- You need a gloves 

- Scalpel 

- Tray

- Scissors 

- Tweezers

- Cleaning supplies

- News paper 

- A sheep heart 

Safety/ Steps:

1. Wear a pair of gloves

2. Do not put anything in your mouth (fingers, pens, etc) during the dissection. Also be careful with the tools you're using, because their ends are very sharp and you might hurt yourself if you're are being silly. 

3. Put and place the news paper in the table, and also place the tray in your table.

4. Get all of the things you needed like the scalpel, scissors and other things but you have to make sure that you can control yourself when you're holding the scalpel and other pointy objects. 

5. Wash your hands thoroughly at the end of the dissection with antibacterial soap and hot water. Also we need to ensure your hands are dried after washing.

6. After doing the dissection, spray surfaces with antibacterial soap. 

Well the very first thing I did since I worked by myself, is I observe the heart and see what it actually looks like since I haven't seen a sheep heart for a long time now. At very I was actually shocked that it was kind of bigger than my fist. It doesn't smell that bad, and I actually had fun. So what I did is I take off the fat ( it protects the organs), which is the white thing around the heart. Then secondly was I found the Aorta which is the exit of the heart, and then we cut out the chamber. When I cut out the chamber I saw this strings which controlled and help keep the heart structure be stable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.