Pages

Tuesday 3 August 2021

Discovery - Health

 In health we were set a task that required us to research and discover stuff, that is more based on your mind and well-being. For this task, I have chosen to do Addiction around drugs and drinking. 


Firstly we had to do a lot of steps to do our official presentation, we have shared a doc that required tons of things such as questions, ideas, and some guides when we don't know what we were doing. Actually, the very main thing was to pick out a topic that we are interested in, and we have to let the teacher know if we will be working in pairs or by ourselves. I have chosen to do it by myself because I know that one person will not be able to do anything and just give the rest of the work to her/his pair. Which I think it's not fair to do, also another reason is that I get to actually learn things and focus on the task more instead of just talking to my buddy, and getting distracted, and wasting my time mucking around also finishing it on time is one of my goals. Once I have chosen to pick 6 of my big questions, I started to point out some important key points, it's kinda hard to find some information about my topic so I tried searching for other questions and that help me to move forward instead of being stuck in the same questions for an hour. After getting my information, I planned on making an essay for it since it was the easier way to present it to my teacher. He even told us that one question needs to be one page long, so I tried my best to keep it simple and understandable. I was about to make do it on a slideshow, but I thought that it might take all of my time editing stuff, etc. even though making an essay is hard, because it needs to include and persuade people of what I am pointing out. I used my resources to make it look like it. Then, I have learned that these strategies when you wanted to overcome addiction were to making the decision change. What I meant about that is, most people have a clear objective in mind after they have made a decision. It might mean quitting completely, quitting certain addictive behavior or drugs (but not all), reducing the amount of time or money spent on addictive activities, or reducing the harm caused by an addicted activity. Many drug users, for example, opt to stop using heroin or meth but continue to consume alcohol, smoke cigarettes, or use marijuana. Many heavy drinkers set a goal of drinking no more than one drink per day or just drinking socially. Clarifying your aim before putting it into action is beneficial for success in altering addictive behavior. 

Secondly, the most important thing was quitting an addictive behavior. Everyone's experience with quitting is unique. Some people find the process freeing and powerful, and they believe they can do anything. Others find it unpleasant, difficult, and disappointing, and it may take several failed efforts before they achieve their aim. Others discover new aspects to themselves as a result of the quitting process. These were helpful, but if you are a teenager. You needed to open your troubles in life to an adult. 

Reflection: It was challenging when I couldn't find the right answer for my questions,  and the resources. It sometimes took me 15 minutes approximately, just to find the right website. Even though it was hard I tried my best to cope with it, none stopping discovering the right answer that will perfectly fit in my 6 big questions. I worked well by myself, and also with others since we all helped and ask questions when needed, especially when we don't know what to do. Next time I will try and work with other people instead of working by myself, I wanted to communicate with them more. Also to finish this task easier. I am really proud of my work and myself because even though I had a hard time discovering stuff I still manage to finish it on time. 

Essay Link: DISCOVERY 


Strategies : 



Creative activity:

  Saving Young Lives in Addiction 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.