Pages

Sunday 8 August 2021

The Trolley

 Last week in ESOL, we focused on reading. We have read the story about " The Trolley. It was about a family who's not rich but can afford small things. We were asked to create a blog post, and reflect on what I have learned from the story.  I have learned that we should all be grateful for everything, even though it's small or big, it doesn't matter. As long as it is from someone who truly appreciates you, and gives you the best life. Also, the other thing I have learned from the story, I know that we all feel happy when we receive hundreds of money because we can buy anything we want. But that doesn't mean you can buy happiness from it. You can only become happy when you feel loved or special. In the story, their mom couldn't buy an expensive thing because she doesn't have enough money. What she did was very inspirational, she stayed up all night making the gift even though her friends invite her to have a party. She chooses her kids as her priority. She feels anxious that they might not like it because it was just a simple gift. But she was wrong, her kids liked it even the others They played with it happily.  Homemade gifts are better to let the receiver feel the extra love. In addition, a homemade gift lets someone feel extra special rather than giving a store-bought present. I have learned a lot of things from the story, and I was also asked to write a diary but from the point of view of one of the kids. 

Dear Diary, 


My name is Miria and I have one brother called Hoani, it’s almost Christmas Eve and I'm kinda feeling down. I heard that everyone in my class will be receiving nice gifts, and I’m getting jealous but I’m keeping my hopes up because I believe that my mum will buy me the most precious thing in the whole entire world. Now that I remember in school we learned a definition of some words, and I still don’t get it even though I keep asking myself what it actually does mean. Almost Christmas Eve and I can’t wait, me and Hoani asked permission if we can stay all night since it was almost Christmas. Unfortunately, she didn’t let us, I find her suspicious about her actions. She is probably hiding something from us. She’s not like that, we all promise each other that we should not keep secrets. I and my brother and I woke up on the happiest day, which is celebrating Christmas! I’m so excited about what we are about to receive this year. I hope it is something we can use every day together. We run outside as fast as we can, even though we're still in our pajamas. Then we stopped, we didn't say a single word when we saw the gift. Hoani and I ran outside, while we were holding the gift she gave us. It was a cute little trolley. I might not be pretty like those skateboards, and it might not be an expensive gift. For us it is already the best gift ever, now I understand the purpose of life and the definition of gratefulness.  It is all about receiving something with all my heart, and Hoani and I may not be rich but we have the best bonding. We both receive the best mum in the entire world, and it also is not about having tons of money. Christmas is all about bonding with each other and thanking each other…


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.