Pages

Thursday 30 September 2021

ESOL - End of Term reflection

 Good morning/evening everyone, today in ESOL class we started with a listening test. This is kinda bit fun since we don't have to do much work for this hour, and for my result, I was quite happy with how it comes out. For my end-of-term reflection in ESOL, well we did tons of reading and writing tasks. But for the past few weeks, we have been silently reading this book called "WONDER" since we didn't get to read it whole we are on lockdown. We are doing, what we missed out in lockdown so we continued it. For me since, I'm almost finished with the book. So I think that it was a great book since it has some lessons in life. Such as no matter what you look like, just be yourself and be confident.      

We are also doing some tasks around this book, and I find it fun to do it on my own time. But also in school when I'm doing work I like to talk with other people and discuss things with them. Even though some of the tasks take so long, I don't really mind as long as I finished them on time. The good thing about doing this stuff is that we have to critically think, be creative, and just have fun. Like when you're reading a novel, it will improve your vocabulary and it will feed your brain with words which is a very great thing. The best lesson I have had is that when the teacher is reading to us, I really enjoy it since all we have to do is to listen really carefully and remember the most important part of the plot. I also find it very relaxing, and very peaceful but sometimes I quite find it a bit boring. I also enjoyed doing, group activities, and also watching a movie.  I like doing group activities since I have the chance to communicate with other people and talk to them, even though we're really not that close to each other. Communicating with others is a good thing, I get to find new friends and also boost up my confidence. Talking to others takes a lot of courage, since the one you are scared of the consequences, two you are afraid they might make fun of you. I would probably try to be more confident when I'm presenting in front of the whole class, and I will also try to improve my listening skills and stay awake. Because sometimes I feel really tired and don't have the energy to do work and it wouldn't help me to stay focus and finish up my work. To also pay attention to the whole class, and especially to the teacher. I enjoy doing ESOL this term, and I can't wait to do it again next term.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.