Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Activity 1... ( WEEK 3 )


Kia Ora everyone, welcome back for my another blog post and to today task is about bumble bee and I'm really exited to learn some new things.

For this activity is to fill the five sentences that they gave and fill the blanks carefully, and this sentences is all about bumblebee. Do you know that the bumblebee is first introduces to New Zealand in 1885 to help pollinate a very special plant called the ' Red Clover ', and the bumblebees do many jobs like the pollination of the greenhouse and orchard crops and other. Also if the bees did not pollination the plants they couldn't survive

THE SENTENCES

The word ‘bumblebee’ is a compound word (bumble + bee). The word ‘bumble’ means to .hum, buzz, or drone.

Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 54 kilometres per hour (km/h).

Bumblebees are very strong! They carry up to 90 percent of their body weight in food with them to avoid starvation.

Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do up to   50 times as much work as a normal honeybee.

The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factors, including the removal of wildflowers and flowering trees, habitat loss,
and extensive use of pesticides.

Thank you guys for reading my blog posy if you have some
question that you want to ask I'm happy to answer also don't
forget to give me your awesome feedback. Thank you again
hope you have a great day.Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lhysette,

    Who knew that the ordinary bumblebee was so interesting and amazing?!

    That's sad that the number of bumblebees is declining due to the high use of pesticides. Pesticides are poisons that kill the insects that hurt plants - but they kill insects that are good for plants too, like the bumblebee.

    What is your favourite insect in the garden?

    From Laura

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.