Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Activity 3...

    Kia Ora everyone, welcome for my another blog post and for today I’m going to tell to you some interesting things.

So my main goal is to pick two plants and list the three similarities and three difference between the two plants that I choose.

 Rafflesia Arnoldii

rafflesia arnoldii

    Same thing:
Corpse flower and the Rafflesia flower the both plant produce an uncomfortable smell.
They are both mainly leaving in Sumatra.
The both flowers are big but not it was not in the same size.

  Not In the Same thing:
Rafflesia flower is the biggest individual flower in the world.
 That the Rafflesia flower can grow up to a size of three feet.
That its smaller than the Corpse flower by considering some elements.

Corpse Flower.
corpse flower

 Same thing:
Corpse flower and the Rafflesia flower the both plant produce an uncomfortable smell.
They are both mainly leaving in Sumatra.
The both flowers are big but not it was not in the same size.

Not In the Same thing:
That the Corpse flower bloom only in every 40 years.
Corpse flower are protected by law as it is because this Corpse plants is a very rare one.
During flowering the Corpse plant stands at 8.2 feet tall.

   Thank you guys for reading my blog post hope you really enjoy it if you have some question that you want to ask I'm happy to answer you also don't forget to give me your thoughtful feedback. Thank you again and have a really great day. Bye.





     

2 comments:

  1. Kumusta Lhysette,

    You have chosen some interesting plants for this activity. I really enjoyed reading about these plants and I was able to learn something new by reading your blog post.

    Another word for explaining 'same things' and 'not the same things' would be 'similarities' and 'differences'. You can use these words when you are comparing and contrasting two different things (in this case, plants) like you did.

    I never knew that the Corpse flower bloom only once in every 40 years. That is a very long time! I would love to see these plants in real life even though the smell would probably make me feel sick. YUCK! Did you know that Sumatra is one of Indonesia's largest island and the sixth largest island in the world? Would you like to visit this island?

    Keep up the good work!

    From Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know much about the Explore tool Lhysette? It helps you find photos that are labelled for reuse. Pixabay is also another amazing website with lots of photos you can use for free! You should definitely check out these online tools and make sure to double-check that there is 'no attribution required' for the images.

    It is important that we check this information because some images may require attribution (we need to give credit to the owner).

    Hope this helped and let me know if you have any further questions!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.