Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

Activity 3..

 Kia Ora everyone, welcome back again for my another Summer Learning Journey task and today's task is about problem solving and I'm really exited to solve the maths equation so let's go.

   So my main goal is tell how I solve this maths problem and it was a bit hard for me to understand this maths problem and my sister try to help and I understand it easily because my sister give me a clue so here is the problem solving..

   The Problem..

In the situation of the squid it weighs approximately 500g, it is needed to move the giant squid from one area of the museum to another. Deep in the ocean. Because it weighs for about 500 g it needs about 12 adults and 12 children to move the giant squid.

Solution:

25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg

I added the average can lift of an adult and a child it was 40

25+15=40

After getting the sum I then divided the sum of the adult and child to the average weight of the squid which is 500

500 divided by 40=12.5

After i divide it and get the sum of 12.5 i now multiply it to the average can adult(25kg) and child(15 kg) can lift. Then i added the total i get from multiplying which is 500

Adult
12.5x25=312.5
Child
12.5x15=187.5
total= 500

This is why I answered 12 adults and 12 children who can who can move the squid.

Thank you guys for reading my blog post hope you like it and if you have some question that you want to ask and really happy to answer you also don't forget to give me your positive feedback. Thank you again and hope you have a great day. Bye.





1 comment:

  1. Good morning Lhysette,

    WOW! What a brilliant way to solve this maths problem. You are the first student to have come up with this method and I am super impressed. Rather than thinking about the combination of different numbers of adults and children, you have figured out the quickest way to approach the problem by tackling the average.

    Do you like problem solving? I think you have a very creative way of approaching maths questions. I used to love maths in school and working with decimal points is something that you slowly start to enjoy once you get the hang of it! Did you learn much about decimal points at school yet? What are your goals for maths this year?

    I would love to know :) Ka pai Lhysette!

    From Susie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.